First released onto the market in September of 2009 Slendertone Face (at Slendertone website here) appears to be here to stay as I read the various online reviews of the benefits of using this compact ‘anti-aging’ device:
- ‘I can see a little more shape around my cheekbones – it makes me feel good’
- ‘Women who used Slendertone Face for 12 weeks, 20 minutes a day, five days a week, thought their face looked lifted and more toned, and also thought their skin had a healthy glow’
- ‘this has most definitely improved my skin tone’
- ‘noticed a definite improvement in my eyes, and mid face’
Ageing is one of the sure things in life just like death and taxes so if there’s some way to slow down this undesirable process then I for one think utilising this clinically proven invention is worth a try.
The Slendertone Device:
Slendertone women consist of a pocket-sized control panel and compact face unit, available in black and white (presumably black for Slendertone Face for men and white for women), packs of sticky gel pads, control panel charger and instruction manual, all presented in stylish moulded packaging.
It’s simple to use the Slendertone Face once you get the hang of it. After the initial charging of the control panel device (this only took a couple of hours and the device holds its charge for weeks) with the device turned off one inserts the connection lead from the face unit.
- Stick 1 pair of gel pads on the left and right face paddles and when ready for your treatment place the headset on the face with the paddles sitting just beneath the cheekbones and slightly forward of the ears (they state 1 fingers width). Turn on the devices. It actually took me some time to get the unit in place for it set off a continuous beeper alarm advising me that the paddles were not contacting the skin correctly. I made some adjustments and found the correct placement.
- And so to the treatment. Once the device is turned on the next step is to choose the program one desires.The options are:
Lift – 20-minute treatment
Radiance – 10-minute treatment, and
Massage – 15-minute treatment
There is a full explanation in the instruction manual on the benefits of each of these categories.
- Now one enters the intensity level the device should run at for the chosen program. I started off at around 21 and increased the level as the weeks went by. Basically one feels a rippling effect of small electrical pulses as the muscles are stimulated by the device.
And that’s it – simple. I prefer to sit back on the couch and totally relax as I’m enjoying my facial toning, skin plumping treatment.
- When the cycle has finished the control panel beeps a couple of times to let you know your treatment is completed. Turn off the device, remove headset remembering to replace the plastic covers over the sticky gel pads, and return the device to the box.
I have now been using the Slendertone Face for 4 weeks and have to say that I really do notice a difference in skin tone – my skin seems so much clearer – and certainly the appearance of fine lines around the eyes and forehead seem to have diminished due to the increase in the plumpness of the skin – this is all a plus for me. I don’t class myself as a vain person but do take pride in my appearance, and have been concerned about the increase in these fine lines as my year’s increase!
Just to be sure I am not imagining it I ask for a second opinion from my partner, does he notice any difference? Yes is his response, it’s subtle but it’s a visible change.
So, one may say that £300 seems on the expensive side for a home facial treatment, but when considering the price of a surgical facelift, or other facial treatment then it translates to mere pennies to layout on something as important as the care and maintenance of the delicate skin of the face.
The Outcome of using Slendertone:
I shall absolutely be continuing with Slendertone Face treatments. I have another week to complete the initial 5 weeks recommended program and then I’ll be down to a twice a weekly regimen. Just 40 minutes a week to hold back the ageing process a little longer is a small price to pay, and one I’m certainly willing to undertake?
- Make sure the sticky gel pads cover the entire paddle otherwise you’ll find you’ll experience an uncomfortable electric current hitting the skin, as I did once during my first week.
- Remember to replace the plastic covers over the sticky gel pads otherwise they’ll rapidly lose their stickiness
- And obviously, one should not use the Slendertone Face device whilst in the bathroom, shower or within proximity to any other body of water.
Where to buy Slendertone Face
For further details and to purchase Slendertone Face you get it directly from the Slendertone website here.